First online music class may seem daunting for kids as well as parents since art subjects traditionally take place in a hands-on classroom and real interaction needed. However, Covid-19 has gradually transformed traditional classrooms all over the world into online classrooms, here is how parents could start off with a little preparation and be ready can maximize sucess for your childs while staying-at-home:
How to prepare successfully for your childs?
- Help your childs access to take a tour of how an online classroomlooks like: It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with how classes are organized at your school so that you can easily navigate through your classes once they begin. If you are having a hard time to kickstart, don’t hesitate to contact your teachers for help you access the resource!
- Supporting your childs to access with video content/style, support material, production phase, distribution medium, social media, gamification concept, make sure these contents are appropriate and provided by a trustful source
- Supervising your childs to access with digital content as “a home coach”: try activating your role of a teacher
- Set the regular schedule and the achievable goals of learning for your childs: online learning can be easy to quit since it needs high commitment of self-regulation. However, this can be overcome by a regular schedule with the realistic goals of learning.
- Keeping up your childs progress in collaboration with their teachers and receiving feedbacks.
Hien Nguyen – PG Dip- Educational Leadership at The University of Auckland, New Zealand